Dana Hatic is a journalist living in Boston. She grew up in Florida but has (mostly) adapted to the northern climate and keeps finding new things to love in this great city.
Dana earned her master’s in journalism from Boston University.
She has worked as a writer, editor, web producer, blogger, and social media manager for various outlets in Boston. Currently, she serves as the associate editor for Eater Boston, where she writes an occasional column about cheese.
During grad school, Dana was an editor for the BU News Service and part of a team that took home two Online Journalism Awards for coverage of the Boston Marathon bombings.
She has spent time traveling and hiking around the world and will talk your ear off about it if you give her the chance. On this site, please enjoy samples of her published work, and if you are interested in talking with Dana or hiring her for freelance work, please send her an email. She loves writing breaking news, reading national news and stories about foreign policy, and involving herself in anything sports-related.
Dana completed her undergraduate degree at the University of Miami, where she studied print journalism and political science and spent a ridiculous amount of time in the pool as a member of the university’s swim team.
In her spare time, Dana bakes bread, rides her bike, finds new beers to try, and makes obscure references to random movies. She is also a member of the Team Fox Young Professionals of Boston, a community fundraising arm of The Michael J. Fox Foundation.
Eater.com and Eater Boston
- What Should Be on Trump's Food Policy Agenda?
- The Origins of the Annoyingly Trendy Word 'Nom', Explained
- A Brief History of Pecan Pie
- Dunkin' Donuts Fans Remain Loyal Despite Drastic Changes
- The Wedge: A Peek into Boston's World of Cheese
- Australia's Humanitarian Burrito Shop Kicks Off US Arrival in Cambridge
For more of Dana's stories on Eater, visit her author page.
- Natural gas costs high in New England
- Team ReadySetGo hopes to curb readmissions with idea at Hacking Pediatrics
- Wearables and Analytics Promise a Comprehensive Look at Parkinson’s
- Google unveils new facilities in Cambridge
- Interfaith service at Cathedral draws crowds expressing community support
- Adweek: Rolling Stone sales high for 'The Bomber' issue
- Self-defense tips for females
- 10 things that finally explain the debt ceiling
- Weymouth Democrats say 'Now is our time' at Obama's second inauguration
- Boston’s bid for the 2024 Olympic Games
- Ad agencies bet on World Series matchup
- San Antonio nuns support Spurs
- Adjusting to life out of the water
- Aaron Hernandez taken into custody
- Egyptian president rejects ultimatum
- United States v. James J. Bulger
- Pedestrian struck and killed on Cranberry Highway
- A day with Wexler the service dog
- Duck boats roll for Red Sox victory parade
- Life is good Festival 2013
- Boston Fork Lift food festival